Tom is an award-winning instructional designer with more than 20 years’ experience driving world-class training solutions in blended learning, eLearning and instructor-led training. His key strengths include: training analysis, instructional design and development. He has a master’s degree in Instructional Technology and is proficient in Authorware, Captivate, Dreamweaver, Illustrator , Photoshop, InDesign, Engage, Presenter, Quizmaker, Draw, PowerPoint, SoftSim, SharePoint, Blackboard and SumTotal.
Sampling of Projects
- At Simpson Strong-Tie, Tom developed a strategic design for an online metallurgy course and two-day Sales Training boot camp, applying a rich blend of online pre-work, instructor presentations, small group activities, simulations, coaching and online games.
- At Boart Longyear, Tom managed project and developed Environment, Health and Safety training for global operations for drilling, mining operations, and environmental restoration.
- At Corning Display Technology, Tom designed and developed classroom and courseware New Hire Orientation for manufacturing engineers, operators, and managers at newly opened plant.
- MS, Instructional Technology, National University
- BA, Latin American Studies, UC Berkeley
- Proficient in Authorware, Captivate, Dreamweaver, Illustrator , Photoshop, Indesign, Engage, Presenter, Quizmaker, Draw, PowerPoint, SoftSim, SharePoint, Blackboard and SumTotal.