Rick is an expert Instructional Designer and Senior Training Project Manager. He is capable of leading the design, development, and delivery of learning product initiatives that substantially improve standards of excellence, reduce time to performance and decrease cost of implementation. He has 18 years of experience designing and developing instructor and facilitator-led training, and eight years of experience designing and developing self-paced and web-based courses using state of the art authoring applications, tools and processes.
Sampling of Projects
- At Google, Rick created the strategy for delivering training for newly hired employee optimally and effectively, using both online-on demand and in class methodologies.
- At Citrix Systems, Rick designed and developed a New Hire Orientation course (Ignite) including a facilitator guide that enabled standardized global delivery.
- At Facebook, Rick created eLearning courses targeted for the direct, middle market and SMB sales audiences.
- At Intuit, Rick conducted a comprehensive needs assessment for new hire and product update training and revamped curriculum in order to expedite time to competency and improve retention and problem solving capability.
- At VMware, Rick designed and created training, both leader-led and eLearning (using Adobe Presenter), targeted for sales personnel about VMware products and solutions.
- BA and Standard Elementary Teaching Credential, California State University
- Advanced Project Management Certification, Stanford University
- Adult Learning and Instructional Design Certification, Stanford University/University of Washington
- Member of the Board of Directors, eLearning Forum
- Proficient in Articulate, Engage, Quizmaker, FrameMaker, Adobe Presenter, Captivate, Lectora, MS Project, Brainshark and MS Office