Phyl is an instructional designer with more than 25 years’ experience in the development of computer and web-based training, instructor-led and self-study training, with a specific focus on the mortgage industry. She is proficient in a broad array of authoring tools, and has a number of instructional design certificates, from ATD as well as other educational institutions.
Sampling of Projects
- At Bank of America, Phyl managed a team of instructional designers for the company’s systems conversion training.
- At Countrywide, Phyl led the development of eLearning courses for Fair Lending and Customer Service Compliance using PowerPoint storyboards and Lectora, and developed instructor-led management training workshops and underwriting courses.
- At Option One Mortgage, Phyl managed and developed instructor-led training modules for underwriting, appraisals, and loan products.
- At Washington Mutual, Phyl designed and developed instructor-led and self-study training programs for the Home Loans Division and Default Group, and conducted pilot training and ‘train the trainer’ sessions.
- Instructional Systems Design Certificate, University of North Florida
- Instructional Design Diploma, Institute of Training and Development, Surrey, England
- ATD, Advanced eLearning Instructional Design Certificate
- ATD, Blended Learning Certificate
- BA, Information Technology, National University, San Jose
- Proficient in Adobe Captivate, Adobe Presenter, Articulate Storyline/Quizmaker, Microsoft Office Suite, SumTotal, ISO 9001 Documentation and Auditor Training