Laurie is an accomplished Learning and Organizational Development professional, with specialization in practical solutions that directly support strategic goals and are in line with company culture. Her key areas of strength are: leadership training, creative learning formats, culturally-based programs and inclusive work environments. She has a master’s degree in Education from the University of Rochester and is proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project and Articulate.
Sampling of Projects
- At Whole Foods Market, Laurie developed flexible and cost effective learning products and systems to support corporate initiatives and facilitate their implementation in 11 regions and at the global office. Led a six-person team in creating and implementing cost effective training programs and events, including: manager-in-training programs, onboarding processes, staff level on-the-job training and technical training.
- At Wild Oats Markets, Laurie designed and implemented a three-day simulation for retail leadership which included P&L analysis, sales and labor forecasting and management, inventory management and human resource development.
- At Chipsea, Laurie maximized efficiencies and consistency of training across 11 regions by establishing a centralized site for training materials and initiating systems for best practice sharing.
- MS, Education, University of Rochester
- BA, Oberlin College
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project and Articulate.