Julie is an experienced Instructional Designer who holds a Master’s Degree in Instructional Design and Technology, a graduate certificate in eLearning, and a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. She has more than 15 years of experience designing and developing engaging learning. She has also worked for a variety of organizations including Homewood Health Centre, American Express, Canadian Credit Union Association, Loblaw Companies and many others. Julie’s skills include building level 3 interactive eLearning courses that include elements such as videos, branching, case studies, scavenger hunts, videos and more. She is also highly proficient with Articulate Storyline 2, GoAnimate, Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate, HTML5 and many other tools.
Sampling of Projects
- For Homewood Health Centers, Julie collaborated with SMEs to design and develop a series of scenario-based eLearnining modules on Managing Mental Health in the workplace. These modules were geared toward corporate leadership.
- For Capital One, Julie created a plan and agenda for training new customer service agents. This included collaborating with SMEs to design a project to transform ILTs into eLearning with simulations and virtual training labs. She also created digital tools to measure learner mastery and evaluate program effectiveness.
- For Lee Hecht Harrison, Julie designed and developed webinars and ILTs for several end clients. Deliverables included PowerPoint presentations, facilitator notes, manuals and job aids.
- B.S. Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- M.S. Instructional Design and Technology (Distance Education Focus), Walden University
- Proficient in Articulate Storyline 2, GoAnimate, PowToons, VideoScribe, Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate and HTML5.