John is a training professional with rock solid experience in the Metals and Mining field, including more than 10 years’ experience facilitating courses in Geology-related topics as well as more than 20 years’ experience managing projects. He has written numerous publications and has been a volunteer geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Denver since 2005. He has a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and Ph.D. in Geology.
Sampling of Training Projects
- At the Metro State University of Denver, John taught courses in Geology, including The Geology of Colorado, Oceanography, Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology, and short courses in Ore Mineralogy and Microscopy, and Geology of Ore Deposits.
- At the Colorado School of Mines, John taught short courses, including: Opaque Mineralogy and Microscopy of Ore Deposits, Ore Mineralogy and Microscopy, and Ore Microscopy and Ore Petrology.
- At the University of Colorado at Denver, John taught undergraduate courses in Geology, including: Geology of Colorado, Mineralogy and Petrology, Geology of the National Parks, Physical Geology, and Oceanography.
- PhD, Geology, Stanford University
- MS, Geology, Brigham Young University
- BA, Geology, Carleton College