Jane is an instructional designer with more than 10 years’ experience designing learning solutions, with a concentration in the Chemicals industry. She is skilled at needs assessment, process mapping, competency modeling, classroom facilitation and instructional design for eLearning and classroom delivery. Her education includes a Ph.D. in Adult Education and Human Resource Development and she is proficient in PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, CourseBuilder, Corel Draw, WebEx and information mapping.
Sampling of Projects
- At Petrofac, Jane designed and developed five courses as part of new-hire onboarding and safety curriculum for offshore oil rig workers. Courses included new hire-orientation, safety training, Hazcom/Hazmat, introduction to the corporation’s new management and performance system, and risk management.
- At Spherion (a technology consulting firm), Jane researched and created Energy 101, a comprehensive web-based training and performance support tool to provide just-in-time training for sales consultants. Topics included: The Structure and History of the Gas, Oil, and Electric Power Industries, Deregulation, and The Emergence of Electronic Trading: Issues and Opportunities.
- At College of the Mainland, Jane developed instructional materials for a Chemical Process Technology program.
- Ph.D., Adult Education and Human Resource Development, University of Texas at Austin
- MA, Education, University of Texas at Austin
- BA, Anthropology, University of Texas at Austin
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, CourseBuilder, Corel Draw, WebEx and information mapping.