James is an Expert Instructional Designer and eLearning Developer with experience creating engaging courses on business processes, software applications, sales and marketing, change management, soft skills and more. He has served such companies as Target/Marshall Fields, Best Buy, 3M and Wells Fargo. He has extensive experience in the design and development of instructor-led training, eLearning and Blended Learning. He also has experience in graphic design, animation, audio and video editing/recording. James has advanced skills in a wide variety of tools including Captivate, Camtasia and Adobe Creative Cloud. On many of his projects, James has been tasked with updating existing courses and making them more interactive, engaging and visually appealing.
Sampling of Projects
- For 3M, James developed webinars and training modules for the Infection Prevention, Oral Care and Food Safety division. He also designed internal sales training modules on a variety of topics.
- For Medtronic, James completed various activities to support the roll out of Workday, an HCM, Payroll and Financial enterprise application. Activities included updating and recording Captivate modules with audio, as well as updating user guides in French, Russian, Chinese and various languages.
- For Motorola Solutions, James developed the storyboards, wrote the content, recorded the narration, and authored Articulate modules as a sales enablement tool for a new Motorola product. The training was developed for Motorola internal sales and channel partners.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Minnesota
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Storyline and Presenter.