Irene is a Senior Learning Strategist with a background in research and “hands on” experience in the learning effectiveness of virtual reality and virtual worlds. She has established processes and business considerations for deciding how to use VR to improve job performance, reduce workplace injuries, preserve expensive equipment, and avoid work disruptions. She has also published multiple articles including Designing Effective Learning for Virtual Worlds and Learners’ Love Hate Relationship with Virtual Worlds.
Sampling of Projects
- For Merck, Irene created and delivered a workshop on Leading with Data Analytics for high potential leaders. Topics included Fourth Industrial Revolution, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Storytelling with Data and an interactive Case Study and student presentations.
- For Ventura Foods, Irene partnered with the Director of Learning to create a 3-5 year learning strategy to match corporate goals. This included creating policies and standard operating procedures to ensure company compliance with updated food laws.
- For Accenture, Irene created a strategic talent development and learning plan for re-organizing several functions across the business. She also created case studies that were available upon request.
- B.A., Communications and Business, Hiram College
- M.A., Corporate Communication and Technology, Rollins College
- Ph.D, Adult Education, Instructional Design, Capella University