Donna is an instructional designer with 15 years of experience developing and facilitating learning and development solutions to the retail industry. She has an in-depth understanding of advanced adult learning theories and subject matter expertise in the competency-based skill development of leadership, sales, negotiation and customer service skill. She has a master’s degree in Instructional Design and a bachelor’s degree in Marketing.
Sampling of Projects
- At Walmart, Donna developed a supporting workbook for corporate HR directors and senior managers based on established content. Interviewed facilitators to identify and develop workbook content.
- At TJX Companies, Donna facilitated five trainer certifications verifying content knowledge and equipping store managers with the facilitation skill to deliver a two-day leadership development class to assistant store managers.
- At Cabot House, Donna developed a comprehensive training program for 10 stores to transition a sales-focused environment to a customer-focused interaction, inclusive of providing in-house design skill. Designed classroom workbooks, trainer guides, job aids, handouts and PowerPoint slides.
- At CCA Global Partners, Donna created the company’s first leadership training camp, a two-day event that was later expanded to four days; program covered a range of performance management strategies.
- At JC Penny, Donna created a customized negotiation skill program integrating company values, terminology, and culture-specific case studies.
- MA, Instructional Design, University of Massachusetts
- BA, Marketing, California State University, Long Beach