Brian is a highly experienced learning professional that has led diverse teams and launched a number of pioneering strategic initiatives within the energy sector. His experience includes strategic planning, instructional design and training delivery. He has a Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota and a master’s degree from the University of North Dakota.
Sampling of Projects
- At ExxonMobil, Brian developed a comprehensive curriculum, from basic skill through on-the-job training, for national technical and professional staff, as a member of the company’s production operations training system team.
- At BP, Brian developed and authored a content maintenance strategy, staffing forecast tool, stage gate guidance document, and portfolio tracker tool.
- At ExxonMobil, Brian provided instructional design expertise to SMEs throughout the Upstream Research Center, and assisted all technical divisions in determining their training curricula.
- At Object Reservoir, Brian an oil and gas reservoir modeling software and services company, designed training for a proprietary reservoir characterization process as well as for the modeling software. Managed a team of SMEs, instructional designers and course developers in creating training content for an instructor-led workshop.
- PhD, History of Technology, University of Minnesota
- MA, History of Science and Technology, University of North Dakota