Valerie – Medical/Technical Writer
This Medical Writer come to us with over 12 years’ experience in medical writing with included experience being research and editing. Valerie is active in the scientific communications and medical education field and has also complete business-critical communications projects, in biomedical and technical environments. Valerie has additional experience in research, sales/marketing, proposal writing, and teaching.
Sampling of Projects:
- At Abbott Nutrition International, Valerie served as Senior Medical Writer where she completed multiple projects. Responsibilities included researching and writing online training for health care professionals on subjects like diabetes and nutrition, updating nutrition protocols for metabolic diseases, and developing research summaries for medical and lay readers. Here she also served as co-author of Abbott monographs on diabetes and nutrition for use by international health care professionals.
- At Baxter HealthCare Corporation, Valerie served as a technical writer where she developed web-based user documentation for broadband connectivity, quality assessment, and network change and problem management for the Global Networks department for intranet publication.
- At Abbott Molecular Diagnostics, Valerie served as a medical writer where she researched, wrote and supported publication of customer training guides for users of new instrumentation for amplifying and analyzing molecular substances including HIV.
- BA, English, University of Hawaii
- MA, English, University of Hawaii
- PhD, English, Kent State University
Share this Consultant Profile