Sarah – Technical Communication Professional
Sarah is a technical communication professional with more than 15 years’ experience writing and editing documentation for the Consumer Goods industry. She is adept at analyzing and resolving problems, defining goals and objectives for writers and meeting tight deadlines. She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Santa Cruz and is proficient in Microsoft Word, SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, RightNow, SnagIt, Acrobat, WebEx, FrameMaker, MadCap Flare and Dreamweaver
- At Nike, Sarah wrote a training document for knowledge base authors that described the life cycle of information, including: identifying gaps in existing knowledge; creating and publishing new articles for knowledge bases and consumer-facing FAQs; and auditing/optimizing the knowledge base.
- At Nike, Sarah rewrote a training manual for customer service representatives, and updated SAP procedures to reflect recent changes. She worked closely with engineers and trainers in North American Customer Service to ensure that all necessary changes were made, and to create better explanations for existing procedures. Work was done under extremely tight deadline.
- At Columbia Sportswear, Sarah wrote configuration and operation guides for a mission-critical, in-house application that handled demand, supply, and inventory planning. She worked closely with developers and analysts to determine the scope and content of individual documents, and turned raw engineering notes into usable documents. Designed document templates.
- BA, Politics, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, RightNow, SnagIt, Acrobat, WebEx, FrameMaker, MadCap Flare and Dreamweaver.
Share this Consultant Profile