Philip – Senior Technical Writer
Philip is a senior Technical Writer with extensive experience in all aspects of document and help system production, primarily in the Insurance industry. He has a strong working knowledge of Access, database design and architecture, SQL, Regular Expressions, PC and LAN construction and administration. His education includes a bachelor’s degree from the Manhattan School of Music and he is proficient in PowerPoint, Acrobat, SharePoint, Visio, Dreamweaver, Documentum and Photoshop.
Sampling of Projects
- At AIG, Philip created data dictionaries, process and data flow charts, and input screen/data element reference guides for all business functions. Authored reference manuals explaining all business rules and data flow scenarios in plain English for business users and in technical language for development staff, with detailed Visio flow charts and illustrations tailored for each.
- At AXA Equitable Life Insurance, Philip created single-source library of multi-state contract components using Serna (XML/DITA Editor).
- At Tokio Marine Nichido, Philip authored online training manuals for several new .NET-based insurance contract management applications, for both personal and commercial lines, in a global data warehouse migration project.
- At Cigna, Philip served on the transition team in CGI’s acquisition of Cigna’s IT services contract. Created and used a dashboard to collect, organize and report time sheets for new offshore hires prior to entry into CGI payroll system.
- BA, Manhattan School of Music
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Acrobat, SharePoint, Visio, Dreamweaver, Documentum and Photoshop.
Share this Consultant Profile