Marilyn – Technical Writer
Marilyn, a senior technical writer, has more than 15 years’ experience in technical documentation for the financial services industry. She has expertise writing and editing: end user manuals, disaster data recovery and failover plans, product brochures, life cycle documentation for software development and data warehousing projects and policies and procedures manuals. Her education includes a master’s degree in Library Science from Indiana University and proficiency in FrameMaker, Visio, Acrobat, RoboHelp, Captivate and MS Word.
Sampling of Projects
- At J.P. Morgan Chase, Marilyn wrote end user documentation for a customer-facing cash management and reporting Web application, including: guides, quick start guides, FAQs and online help content.
- At Morgan Stanley, Marilyn was the lead writer on a software development project. Created templates for project documents, set documentation standards, developed Visio flows for various business processes and streamlined the project administrative process.
- At Deutsche Bank, Marilyn wrote functional specifications for a legacy global system that integrates SWIFT and non-SWIFT global cash transactions to determine if it could be migrated to other systems on the strategic program.
- At CharterMac, Marilyn documented IT processes and procedures, including: acceptable use policy, help desk procedures, desktop services SLA, server room access policy, change management policy and an IT disaster recovery plan.
- MS, Library Science, Indiana University
- Proficient in FrameMaker, Visio, Acrobat, RoboHelp, Captivate and MS Word.
Share this Consultant Profile