Pamela – Technical Editor
Pamela is a technical editor with more than 20 years’ experience editing in a wide range of media. She is adept at project management, creating book indexes, style guideline development, web publishing, course development, production, trademark law, wikis and writing for international audiences. She has a bachelor’s degree from Boston University and is proficient in FrameMaker, Acrobat Pro, XML publishing, online help, Documentum source control, bug tracking, PowerPoint and HTML.
- At a technology company, Pamela edited and revised documentation, including newsletters, wiki content, software user guides, white papers, product matrix documentations, regulatory documentation, release notes, presentations and XML content.
- At a technology company, Pamela edited online web material for content and formatting and maintained and distributed editorial standards for writers. Coauthored the technical style guide.
- At an imaging company, Pamela led the publications staff in producing hardcopy and online documentation. Collaborated with documentation tool developers to establish production practices.
- At a technology company, Pamela implemented a previously nonexistent documentation process to define specification phase through product ship phase.
- At a technology company, Pamela edited software and hardware networking documentation, including online help, user guides, installation guides, configuration guides, white papers, release notes, data sheets, RFPs and functional specifications for 12-member writing department.
- BS, English/Journalism, Boston University
- Proficient in FrameMaker, Acrobat Pro, XML publishing, online help, Documentum source control, bug tracking, PowerPoint and HTML.
Share this Consultant Profile