Dorothy – Medical Writer
Dorothy is an accomplished Medical Writer with 13 years of experience in a wide range of therapeutic areas. This experience includes providing specialized editorial services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device manufacturers, managed care organizations, hospitals and health centers, health web sites and medical specialty societies. She has been involved in the development of journal articles, abstracts, posters, patient and physician education materials, audio/video scripts, slide presentations, meeting reports, and sales training modules. She has written manuscripts for catheterization procedures. Dorothy holds a Master’s degree in Creative Writing and a Bachelor degree in English. She is a member of American Medical Writers Association and National Writers Union.
- As the Sr. Clinical Publication Writer at Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Dorothy wrote and edited medical/scientific manuscripts for publication. She also interpreted clinical study reports and collaborated with Clinical Research & Development, biostatisticians, and clinical investigators to develop these publications. She also acted as a mentor to new writers and assisted in management of publications staff.
- At Cardinal Health, as the Senior Medical Writer, she developed manuscripts, prepared PowerPoint presentations, posters, and abstracts.
- Working as an Instructional Designer and Senior Medical writer at Kenexa, she wrote pharmaceutical training programs. These programs included workshops, workbooks, CD-ROMs, and audiotapes. She was high skilled when developing scripts.
- MA, Creative Writing, Temple University
- BA, English with minor in Biology, La Roche College
- Physician Assistant Program, Alderson-Broaddus College
- Paramedic Certification, Delaware County Community College
- American Medical Technologist Certification, Franklin School of Science and Arts
Share this Consultant Profile